Ashburnham 1869

Ashburnham was a village in Peterborough County. It was also referred to as “East City” and “The Scotch Village”. Today it is part of the city of Peterborough, that area located on the east bank of the Otonabee River.

SurnameGiven NameOccupation
AinslieWaltershoemaker
KellsW. H.hotel keeper
AndersonJohncarpenter
McDonaldDanieltailor
ArmstrongThomashotel
McDougall &Ludgatelumber merchants
BennettHenryJustice of the Peace, cooper
McDougallWilliamMcDougall & Ludgate
BrownGeorgegrocer
JudgateJohnMcDougall & Ludgate
BurhamRev. MarkEpiscopal Minister
McGregorWilliamgrocer
BeckRev. J. W. R.Episcopal Minister
MowryAldusfounder
BrookD.wollen factory
O’BrienJohnwagon maker
CainGeorgeM.D.
RickeyGeorgeblacksmith
CalcuttHenryflax mills & brewer
RogersR. D.postmaster & flourmill propietor
ClaneyEdwardblacksmiths
ClaneyPeterblacksmiths
RogersJames Z.general merchant
ClarkeJohntanner
SargentPhilipbuilder
CoeThomasbutcher
StoreyGeorgeaxemaker
ConnellJamescooper
StrattonJamesClerk municipality
CopeAlex.turner
SutherlandDonaldproduce & commission
DunlopCharles A.Justice of the Peace
SwanstonWilliambaker
FisherAmos J.produce merchant
WoodJohnteacher
HunterAlexandergrocer
WrightStewartbuilder

Close Menu