We respect your privacy!
Any and all the information collected on this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned!
Any information you provide will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email us.
Subject to the requirements of applicable law, we strive to provide a consistent set of privacy practices.
Table of Contents:
1. About Children
2. Information We Collect
3. Our Use of Your Information
4. Our Disclosure of Your Information – Legal Requests
5. Use of Email Tools
6. Control of Your Password
7. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
8. Other Information Collectors
1. About Children: Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the Site unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Site in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
2. Information We Collect: Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to use our services, we may require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information, shipping information and other personal information as indicated on the forms throughout the Site. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature.
We automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
If you choose to buy on the Site, we collect information about your buying behavior. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
If you register for KARA on a web site that helps facilitate your activity on KARA, that web site may provide personal information about you and your transactions back to KARA.
3. Our Use of Your Information: We use your personal information to facilitate the services you request. We use your personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site to: resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our Terms & Conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your personal information to identify users using multiple User IDs or aliases. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
If you choose to provide us with your financial information, we use your address and billing information to bill you and provide associated support.
You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize the Site’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site.
4. Our Disclosure of Your Information: Legal Requests. KARA cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you and KARA from bad actors. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, UserID history, fraud complaints without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to: prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss; or report suspected illegal activity.
5. Use of Email Tools: You may not use the Email This Item to a Friend service or other email services that we offer to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Terms & Conditions. We do not permanently store email messages or the email addresses sent from these tools. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
7. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information: We offer you the ability to automatically review and change the information you submit to us by logging into the Site and entering in the new information yourself. Generally, we will not modify your personal information based on your request because it is very difficult to authenticate your account manually. You can change your user Id, email address, contact information, financial information, shipping information and user preferences by going to the preferences and setup section in KARA. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once posted, you may not be able to change or remove any public postings made on the Site including our message areas or the feedback area.
Upon your request, we will deactivate your account, contact information, billing information, shipping information, and financial information from our active databases. To make this request, CONTACT US. Such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible based on your account activity and in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law.
We will retain in our files some personal information you have requested to remove to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms & Conditions and comply with legal requirements as is permitted by law. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personal information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests. However, such personal information will be deactivated from public and member viewing and will only be available to select KARA personal.
9. Security: Your information is stored on the KARA site. We use procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy, including encryption, \”firewalls\” and Secure Socket Layers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access. However, \”perfect security\” does not exist on the Internet.